Bettor In Green’s Code of Conduct
In order to maintain a friendly and constructive environment, we have created a Code of Conduct (CoC) that we ask posters to follow while on the Bettor In Green forums. All Posters imply agreement with and adherence to this Code of Conduct by the act of interacting with the site.
By registration, you agree to be bound by the following:
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore, you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not Bettor In Green’s.
The moderators on this forum are volunteers and therefore cannot be expected to be online 24 hours a day. If you feel a post is offensive and/or violates this CoC, please report it to the moderators by using the report button or by sending a PM to the moderators. One of the moderators will then resolve the issue as soon as possible.
You agree not to post or link to any material that is obscene, vulgar, slanderous, libelous, threatening, sexually-oriented, racially offensive, or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned. You agree that the webmaster, administrator, and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move, or close any topic at any time should they see fit.
No commercially motivated messages, such as advertisements or links to commercial or personal websites, are allowed (other than those by Bettor In Green partners, of course). It is okay to put links in your messages if these are informative and directly relevant to a discussion.
Unless you allow for visibility by other posters, the email address you provide is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one) as well as for administrative mailings.
Use of this board is a privilege and not a right.
Bettor In Green reserves the right to change this Code of Conduct at any point in time.
USER ACCOUNT AND REGISTRATION
In order to post, registration is required. Please note the following:
Although users are allowed to pick their usernames, unsuitable usernames will be rejected by board administrators and immediately deleted, or the account will be disabled. Impersonating other posters or other individuals will result in the termination of your account. If you have been previously banned and have returned under a different username, you will be banned WITHOUT warning.
Please employ the same high standards of politeness that are expected of all of us in “real life” interactions. Treat other posters as you would like to be treated.
Please be considerate and never belittle, unduly criticize, hurt, or ridicule posters and/or members of the Bettor In Green staff.
Attacking an opinion is allowed, attacking a poster is not.
Please do not resort to excessive use of uppercase typing – this is the equivalent of SHOUTING!
Please confine all non-sports related posts to the “Off Topic Talk” section of the board. Off-topic threads in sports-related sections will be moved. Religious and/or political discussions are NOT allowed.
Do not flood the board with large sections of cut and pasted text. It is often sufficient to quote the website URL instead.
Please indicate clearly what point you are trying to make in your initial posting. Limit yourself in posting pictures from other websites because this can use excessive bandwidth and could also violate copyrights. Any form of embedded streaming video is prohibited.
FORUM POLICY ON SUSPENSIONS
Occasionally we run into the unfortunate situation where we have to suspend members for poor conduct on the message board. A member who breaks the rules outlined above may have their account terminated with or without warning.
Spamming the board will not be tolerated and may lead to immediate revocation of posting privileges. Pornographic postings are cause for immediate suspension.
Advertising for personal gain (financial, increased traffic, etc.) is strictly prohibited. Members who have personal blogs that are relevant to the fantasy sport in question are permitted to post URLs of blogs in their signatures. Please note signatures do not support live links. Posting live links of personal blogs in posts is not permitted. Copying and pasting of your blog/article content is permitted; please avoid live links of said articles in your post. Citing a mainstream article or third-party source to inform the membership of a current event or in support of points made during discussion and/or debate is permitted. Citing your source is not only encouraged but essential. Using posts to promote personal blogs is not permitted.
LEAGUE FINDER SERVICE FORUM USE
Bettor In Green Forums provides a League Finder Service Forum as a means to facilitate league formation between fantasy sports enthusiasts. As many of the leagues will involve monetary prizes, and it involves online members, disputes can and do occur in a small minority of situations. In order to ensure that the League Finder Service meets the needs of the community, the following policy on League Finder Service Forum use by Bettor In Green Forum members is now in place:
1. Caveat Emptor: Bettor In Green Forums does not police individual leagues formed through our League Finder forums. People who join leagues as a result of Bettor In Green Forums League Finder Service Forums do so at their own risk. Bettor In Green is not associated with and makes no guarantees regarding any of the leagues advertised through the League Finder forums. The resolution of any and all disputes that arise between members of a fantasy league is the responsibility of the members of the league and not Bettor In Green.
2. If there is a clear and consistent history of league abuse by a Bettor In Green member acting as Commissioner, these members may be restricted from using the Bettor In Green Forums. League abuse includes, but is not limited to, failure of prize payout, unilateral expulsion of teams, or unilateral roster management (locking out/drops). We expect all leagues formed through the Bettor In Green Forums League Finder to treat all members with the high standards of personal conduct expected of all members of civility and respect to be maintained between members. Flagrant violations of this principle, if demonstrated to be consistent and repeated, will prevent members from enjoying the privilege of League Finder Service Forum access – as all aspects of membership are a privilege granted by Bettor In Green Forums, not a right.
3. Members who wish to bring up a complaint of potential commissioner abuse by a fellow Bettor In Green member may do so by reporting the original thread used to find members or by PM to a Moderator – but only if the League Finder service was used here. Public complaints are NOT allowed – please use the Report feature on the original thread or PM to a Moderator.
If a league dispute arises from a league in which there has been no use of the League Finder Service Forums, then no action can be taken unless a prior history of league abuse is present.
4. In leagues where lack of payout, team/roster lockout, or roster management does not occur, no action will be taken. In other words, if this is a personal dispute about values or trades made, Bettor In Green Forums will take no action – judgment calls in these areas do not fall within the scope of these rules.
5. Members are not permitted to use the League Finder Services Forums as a means of financial gain. This includes, but is not limited to, acting as a broker for league finder services or advertising leagues without personal active participation for
the leagues in question.
6. Members may appeal by PM the decision made by Bettor In Green Forums to a Moderator – as they will be informed of any decision to suspend League Finder Forum access. However, final decisions on restricted access to League Finder Services will be made by Bettor In Green Forums. Failure to comply with restricted access rulings constitutes further CoC violations and will be treated accordingly.
When posting on the message board, remember to give credit to the authorship and copyright of any references or articles that are linked to and/or included in said post, and take note of any “Copyright,” “All Rights Reserved,” or similar notices on website pages/articles.
In addition, links to sites that provide unauthorized live or recorded video or audio streams of rights-protected performances (including, but not limited to: MLB games, NFL games, NHL games, NBA games) are strictly prohibited.
Unless otherwise and previously arranged, for all content submitted to any part of Bettor In Green’s message board, the submitting entity automatically grants or warrants that the owner of such content has expressly granted Bettor In Green the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, and distribute the content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such content. You further warrant that all material and content you post at Bettor In Green does not infringe or violate the copyrights, trademarks, or any other intellectual property rights of any third party and agree to indemnify and defend Bettor In Green from all claims, including attorney’s fees, resulting from any breach of such warranty. The submitting entity also permits any visitors and/or posters of Bettor In Green’s message boards to access, view, store, or reproduce the content for that visitor and/or poster’s personal use. Subject to this grant, the owner of content placed on the Bettor In Green message boards retains any and all rights that may exist in such content.
WHAT DOES THE COPYRIGHT RULES MEAN IN PLAIN ENGLISH?
We want to be sure all posters respect the copyrights of third parties. We are also safeguarding ourselves against people who want to sue Bettor In Green when a poster copies/pastes copyright-protected material on the Bettor In Green website or message board. We do this by requiring the poster to grant us the right to use the material and guarantee to us that they have the right to grant such rights and are not using materials owned or copyrighted by someone else.
Bettor In Green does not own anything a poster posts on one of the message boards and, therefore, does not claim to own what a poster posts on one of the message boards.